Thursday, May 1, 2008

I Am It And So Must Do This Thing


Sarah had to go and make me post something. I've been tagged or something and must now write "non-important things/habits/quirks" about myself, and then go make other people do the same. Way to go Sarah. Now people are going to have to read about me instead of my insight into Obama's poor choice of words. Hope you're happy.

The Rules, according to Sarah:
* Link to the person that tagged you.
* Post the rules on your blog.
* Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
* Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
* Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

Done. Done. And:

1. Tangled wires, strings etc. give me anxiety. I get really anxious when I have to untangle them, even if it only takes a few seconds. I think this has something to do with the fact that
2. I am a twin and
3. When we were children we had a leashes. According to the rest of the family this was because we learned to walk one day and within five minutes we were running in seperate directions: into the street towards a car and towards a very big dog. I don't believe the story. I think my family was just cruel. I have not suppressed the memory of being tied to a tree by my older siblings and I think our leashes used to get tangled when we tried to free ourselves from our restraints.
4. Bartenders who do tricks really bother me. Do you know why I am being shoved about in a crowd of drunks and staring at you? It's not because I like to watch sweaty people throw shiny things in the air and catch them behind their backs. Pour my drink quickly and I will happily give you a tip and go back to yelling about politics and religion with my friends. Make me stand there awkwardly waiting for you to finish your "routine" and I will start yelling at you instead.
5. I am not afraid of clowns. I used to think I was, but I've been to two circuses in Mexico in the last six months and I was not afraid. What I am afraid of is clowns who are not in circuses. A clown waiting for the bus or talking on a pay phone scares the shit out of me.
6. I am not a good list-maker.

Now, If I knew more than a few people with blogs that I knew about, I could randomly pick six of them. No such luck. Both Clara and Jeff are friends of mine. I pushed "Next Blog" to find some truly random people but all I got was (get to practice my list-making here):

1. a page in German with pictures of drunk German girls and guys with Mohawks
2. something in Arabic with pictures of sports cars
3. something in Korean with a picture of a fence and a desk
4. the page of some girl in Spain who has hundreds of pictures of baby clothes she wants to buy for her baby.

I really don't want to link to these people or contact them in any way. I am glad to see that much of the world is connected to the internets and that my site is at least way better than the average blog if that sample is indicative of the whole. Gives me the courage to start posting again. Thanks, Sarah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If this post is at all indicative of any future posts, please to throw your computer in the trash. Thank you.

Sarah said...

Ok, I don't know what the above commenter has up their ass, but that post was hilarious. I am still laughing out loud. Leashes! Charlie, you did good. Thanks for playing!

Charlie said...

the management is a jerk. always has been. that's number 7 on my list. I hate anyone in a managerial position. Down with the middleman! Workers of the world unite and destroy your managers!